2021 OHA Cabin Policy
As of May 1st, 2021, the OHA Cabin will be available once again for use by our dues-paying members and current AMC Hut System croo. As long as we still find ourselves navigating a pandemic, your Steering Committee asks that all users abide by ALL of the following requirements for the protection of ALL our members.
Failure to honor any of these safety protocols could endanger others and lead to the suspension of cabin privileges for everyone. Don’t be “that person". We regret having to impose these restrictions and look forward to lifting them as soon as it’s safe to do so. For now, we ask for your understanding and compliance. Thanks and enjoy!
- Reservation requests should ideally be made at least 2 days in advance of stay. We've enabled the ability to request dates only 1 day ahead and we'll do our best to accommodate these requests, but can't guarantee it.
- Payment is required to confirm reservation once your request is approved.
- Cabin payments are nonrefundable, see below for cancellation policy.
- By default, the Cabin is available for exclusive use by individuals or groups of 10 or fewer. Cabin use by multiple individuals or multiple smaller groups is available on a case by case basis.
- Maximum length of stay is 5 nights.
- Disinfect high touch surfaces when you leave. Disinfectant products are your responsibility. See CDC guidance.
- Familiarize yourself with the New Hampshire Safer at Home guidance, particularly the Visitors section.
- Read the CDC guidance on Travel.
- COVID-19 vaccination is not required but is strongly recommended.
- Bring your own linen.
- All users must be registered in advance through the website. No “guests” or “visitors.”
- Cabin registrar will contact you re key access, important details, and cabin emergency contacts. Key is NOT available elsewhere.
- Follow all other Cabin protocols, as posted on the OHA website or in the cabin. If you encounter contradicting or old protocols, please follow Spring 2021 protocols.
If you need to cancel a confirmed reservation, you can choose to either donate your cabin payment to the OHA or receive a credit towards future cabin use (in the form of a code for website use). Credit amounts:
- Cancel 30 days or more from arrival date, credit good for 90% of cabin payment.
- Cancel 29-14 days from arrival date, credit good for 75% of cabin payment.
- Cancel 13-7 days from arrival date, credit good for 50% of cabin payment.
- Cancel less than 7 days from arrival date, full amount of cabin payment converted to OHA donation.
*Last updated August 19, 2021*
Please visit the reservations page if you'd like to inquire about staying at the cabin.
Who Can Use the Cabin?
Dues-paying members of the O.H.A., current AMC Hut System croo, and their guests.
Users are required to pay the overnight fee and abide by cabin rules. Friends and family may accompany OH and current crew so long as they pay their fee and follow the rules. Guests of O.H.A. members or current croo are the responsibility of whomever signs out the key at the Pinkham Front Desk.
Please limit your group to no more than 10 people.
Who Can’t Use the Cabin?
Anyone not actively affiliated with either the O.H.A. or the AMC Hut System, unless accompanied by someone who is. Trespassers will be removed from the cabin. No membership or proof of employment, no cabin.
How Do I Get the Key?
The following key information is not current, but being kept for reference. Please follow the more current 2021 guidelines.
Present yourself to the AMC Pinkham Notch Visitor Center Front Desk between the hours of 6:30 AM and 10 PM, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Show your current O.H.A. membership card or proof of AMC employment, and one form of photo ID. Then enter your name, address, phone, and email in the sign-out book.
Pick up a copy of the “Cabin Operating Manual,” which outlines cabin procedures and rules.
If there’s damage to the cabin during your stay, whoever signed out the key will be held financially responsible for materials and labor for any repairs. Whoever signs out the key is expected to return it to the desk and sign it back in. If this is impossible, then the person returning the key assumes the same responsibility as the person who signed it out, and is expected to sign it back in at the PNC Front Desk.
What Do I Pay?
- $15/night for over 25
- $5/night for 25 and under, including children
- $5/night for current croo
Forgot to Pay the Cabin Fee?
What If I Leave But Plan to Come Back?
If you leave the cabin temporarily, lock the front door and put the key inside the lockbox.