The Cabin was built in 1936, and is owned and maintained by The O.H.A. (short for The Old Hutcroo Association), an organization run by former employees of the AMC Hut System. The O.H.A. isn’t supported by the AMC and depends entirely upon the volunteer and financial support of its membership.
The Cabin was constructed as a place for current and former croo to relax and enjoy the mountains and each other's company. Your membership dues and cabin fees pay for firewood, taxes, utilities, insurance, repairs, and everything else that goes into keeping the place running, looking good, and available to dues paying members and their friends.
For most people who worked in a hut, that experience taught us a mountain of valuable first lessons, like how to handle people, how to make good decisions, and how to manage and maintain a building entrusted to us. This Cabin deserves the same respect and care.
We’ve successfully operated the Cabin for over 80 years, because users have followed some simple, basic guidelines and pitched in with “must-do” chores. Please continue that Cabin tradition; treat it kindly, keep it clean, and leave it a little better than you found it.
Please read the following notes to help us (O.H.A. volunteers) manage cabin reservations. Thanks for understanding!
- Read the Cabin Policy, view the Status, and check the Calendar.
- If you're not a current dues-paying O.H.A. member, please pay your Annual or Lifetime dues. If you're not sure about your O.H.A. status, please use the contact form on the Members page to inquire. Once you've done that, you can come back to make a reservation request.
- Please do not make a reservation request unless you are planning to follow through with booking. If you just want to check on dates, view the calendar or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of May 1st, 2022, the OHA Cabin will continue to be available via reservation by dues-paying members and current Croo. Please read and follow the policy to maintain cabin privileges for everyone.
- All users must be registered in advance through the website reservation process.
- While reservation requests may be made 1 day in advance, 2+ days in advance is highly recommended (and appreciated) by the Cabin Coordinator.
- Payment is required to confirm reservation once your request is approved.
- By default, use of the Cabin is shared between individuals and groups.
- The suggested maximum length of stay is 5 nights in order to allow different individuals/groups to use the cabin each week.
- Maximum occupancy is 14 (8 upstairs bunks, 6 downstairs bunks).
- Cabin Coordinator will contact you with key access, important details, and cabin emergency contacts. Key is NOT available elsewhere.
- Bring your own linens.
- Follow all other Cabin protocols, as posted on the OHA website or in the cabin.
- $20/night for regular OH.
- $10/night for YOH (25 or younger).
- $5/night for current Croo.
- The Adult Annual Cabin Pass is $100 per calendar year. This covers an individual OHA member.
- The Family Annual Cabin Pass is $150 per calendar year. This covers an immediate family (up to two adult parents w/ kids).
If you need to cancel a confirmed reservation, please email the Cabin Coordinator.
- For cancellations made 14 or more days prior to arrival, you have the option of a refund, cabin use credit, or you can turn your cabin payment into a tax deductible donation to the OHA.
- For cancellations made fewer than 14 days prior to arrival, you have the option of a cabin use credit or you can turn your cabin payment into a tax deductible donation to the OHA. No refunds.
*Last updated April 27, 2022*